And even though you listen to it, the app is still optimised for the Retina screen.
This has to be one of the least surprising news stories of the year. Sorry about that.
iPad is the one hole in Spotify's device coverage map. And with millions of iPads being sold every month, it's a glaring omission.
Anyway, that's now been rectified. The new app features include:
• Retina graphics for iPad
• New UI to browse and explore Spotify’s entire 18 million song catalogue
• New ‘Now Playing’ full-screen view with high-definition cover art
• Search for playlists, users and music - all from the same view
• Trending playlists and songs
• Inbox grouped by user for easy searching
• Gapless playback and crossfade
• AirPlay integration
Spotify has 3m paying subs and is available in 13 countries.