Ten developers in with a chance of grabbing 40,000 euro first prize.Nokia this morning announced the top ten developers for its Mobile Games Innovation Challenge.
The winners, to be announced at an exclusive awards ceremony at the Nokia Game Summit in Rome later this month, will take home a total prize value of 70,000 euros.
The three most innovative game concepts will be offered Nokia Publishing pre-production contracts.
In addition, the first winner will be awarded 40,000 euros, the second 20,000 euros, and the third 10,000 euros to enable further development of their concept.
Top 10 developers and their concepts are:
- Active Tecnologia e Consultoria Ltda. (Brazil) - Cinemarena - set in a movie theatre, controlling avatars on the big screen
- CreatePlayShare (India) - Ball - play any ball game on your mobile device or even create your own new game
- A Different Game (Sweden) - Ghost Wire - use your mobile device to communicate with ghosts
- Eclipse Interactive (UK) - Watchers - conspiracy adventure game that uses Nokia Maps and other real world tools to find locations
- Int13 (France) - Kweekies - augmented reality virtual pet game that allows players to interact with their pet by utilizing the embedded camera of their mobile device
- Jadestone (Sweden) and C4M (France) - Melokey - a music game for mobile devices where you learn to master songs and play them against other in-game characters to win the hearts of your fans
- LemonQuest (Spain) - Wave Pirates - a fun action game where players turn into a pirate navigating the seven seas, looking for gold and glory
- Onur Yazilim (Turkey) - Comet Hunter - a 2-D shooting game which combines the excitement of shooting with natural sound effects made by players themselves
- Simlife (China) - XDancery - a music game where players can touch the screen, draw patterns on the screen, shake the device or sing into it to hit the music tempo notes
- TechnoBubble (Spain) - Fun Cam - a mixed reality game that connects your camera on your mobile device to the TV