80 per cent of N-Gage players use operator billing. This and more from the Nokia Games Summit...Tero Ojanpera, Nokia's EVP of entertainment and communities, this morning gave the audience of 250 developers, operators and press in Rome an overview of N-Gage's process since its April launch.
Here are the highlights:
* Nokia research (of 68,000 people) shows that 78 per cent play more downloaded games than three years ago, and 51 per cent play more embedded games.
* There are 400,000 registered N-Gage Arena members.
* N96 is the first handset to properly integrate the service 'out of the box', but there are tens of millions of compatible devices across ten handset models out there.
* N-Gage is live in 130 countries
* The service uses localised virtual billing channels such as QQCoin in China
* Nokia is planning to promote N-Gage across 20,000 retail channels in India
* UK, Germany, Italy, Australia and Spain are the most active markets
* Nokia has identified six sub-groups within its gaming universe - core gamers, web 2.0, personal development (sports performance apps etc), casual, feminine, localised.
* Casual fishing game Creatures of the Deep is the best selling N-Gage title