And two in three will use mobiles when in-store to compare prices.
The holiday shopping season is almost here, and Prosper Mobile Insights claims 55.3 per cent of mobile users plan to use their devices for purchases, research, store locating and more this year.
61.9 per cent plan to use the smartphones and tablets as a 'mobile mall' to buy and comparing prices, while the remaining 38.1 per cent will use devices to store gift lists and plan shopping trips.
Interestingly, price comparison will be adopted by 66 per cent of shoppers while they're in physical stores, while 59.7 per cent will check the prices from the web to bag the cheapest deal.
Other activities include:
* 48.1 per cent will read product reviews
* 40. 3 per cent check-in on social networks for a discount
* 39.9 per cent will scan a QR code for more product info
Pam Goodfellow, consumer insights director at BIGinsight, said: "Comparing prices and products between retailers is just another of those smart shopping strategies that consumers have adopted to keep their spending in check.
"It’ll be up to retailers this holiday season to provide shoppers with value propositions they can’t resist – turning the showroom into a selling floor."
Further data shows:
The top holiday gifts to research via mobile
* Electronics: 69.1 per cent
* Clothing or clothing accessories: 50.4 per cent
* Books/CDs/DVDs/Blu-Ray/Video Games: 45.7 per cent
* Toys: 44.9 per cent
* Sporting Goods: 29.7 per cent
The top holiday gifts to purchase via mobile
* Electronics: 41.2 per cent
* Books/CDs/DVDs/Blu-ray/video games: 39.0 per cent
* Clothing or clothing accessories: 36.7 per cent
* Toys: 35.7 per cent
* Gift Cards: 24.9 per cent