Metrics specialist tracks average downloads per app, global split and more.
Distimo's “The Four Year Anniversary of the Apple App Store" does the firm's usual job of presenting data that is already out there with a few observations of its own.
Its nine page doc includes observations such as:
* The Apple App Store currently has over 650,000 applications available.
* Downloads among the top 200 most popular applications per available app in the Apple App Store for iPhone decreased from 15.4 at its height to 8.4 in June 2012.
• The US has lost some ground as the top market for apps. Approximately 26 per cent of the free downloads worldwide originated from the US in June 2012.
• Localization continues to be of the utmost importance for developers who wish to succeed in many non-English speaking countries.
• Paid downloads only increased by 13 per cent in the last two years while the average selling price declined by 16 per cent.
* The proportion of revenue derived from free applications featuring in-apps increased from seven per cent to 68 per cent.
Download the report here.