UK-based research firm offers its expectations for the year ahead.
And in the first of a series of predictions for 2013 from industry specialists, Juniper has submitted its thoughts about what we can expect from the year ahead – top ten below.
1. Big data consumption to become big business
2. Smart glasses & other wearables (such as Google's Project Glass) will make 2013, the year of ‘announcements’
3. Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) trend on the rise, as security issues escalate
4. Retailers to embrace the in-store mobile strategy (QR codes et al)
5. Operators to adopt seamless wi-fi and LTE connectivity
6. Mobile becomes the connectivity hub for tech and media usage
7. The year of Microsoft (Windows Phone 8 adoption)
8. The multi-screen, seamless user experience becomes a reality
9. New mobile and tablet form factors to emerge
10. Social gaming is on the rise