Gameloft and Mattel team up for launch of family card game on iOS and Android.
Games publisher Gameloft has joined forces with toy company Mattel to launch family card game Uno & Friends across iOS and Android devices.
Available for free, Uno & Friends brings a new social dimension to the famous card game, meaning players can play anywhere at anytime.
Since 2008 Uno has become one of Gameloft’s most popular franchises with more than 74 million downloads across a variety of digital platforms. In this new edition of the game, users can now play on a social platform, meaning fans can now drop Wild Draw Fours and Reverse Cards on friends, family and Uno players the world over via smartphones and tablets.
Now, you can invite and challenge up to three other players in real-time using your favourite social networks.
With the new features, players can:
• Create games and invite friends and family to play, or challenge other players across the globe
• Customise their game with backgrounds, themed card deck designs & special effects
• Utilise Boosts and Super Boosts to diversify their strategy
• View new weekly and all-time leaderboards, leting you see how you rank against your friends and other Uno players
• Challenge up to three other players in real time with online multiplayer matches over 3G or Wi-Fi
• Compete against iOS & Android players, with a Facebook version coming soon
• Connect via Facebook Connect & Game Centre on iOS and Facebook Connect on Android
“As one of the world’s largest and most respected toy companies, Mattel is renowned for constantly raising the bar for family friendly games and entertainment,” said Gonzague de Vallois, Gameloft’s senior vice president of Publishing. “Now, with a strong franchise such as UNO and more than three generations of fans, Gameloft is thrilled to be able to partner with the company to bring a beloved pastime into the digital social space so that fans can now connect with one another from around the world via their social and mobile networks.”