Child protection, personalised instant messaging and more all on the next-gen Microsoft OS.
With Windows 8 fever sweeping the globe, Microsoft has formally unveiled the Windows Phone 8 mobile operating system ahead of a European launch that takes place this weekend.
ME has been tweeting live from the London event and you can find our 140 character titbits assembled below.
* Windows Phone 8 is set to to make your device 'like a fingerprint'. Says tiles can be tailored in even more detail than previous version.
* The phone lock screen is powered by Live Apps, offering up different content in the background each time such as photos, notifications etc.
* Lock screen can also throw up images from your Facebook profile and not just your device library.
* There's a new version of Twitter built just for WinPho 8.
* There's a 'beautiful' new version of Skype designed just for Windows Phone 8 and it runs all the time for instant connectivity without draining battery.
* 46 of 'the top 50 mobile apps' are ready for Windows Phone 8 - it isn't just an Android and iOS world anymore.
* Get ready for Pandora for Win Pho 8, it won't bring the same experience of any other OS. Does that mean it won't play music?
* 'Windows Phone8 has got your back' and wants you to make the most out of your data plan.
* 'Data Sense' platform will automatically compress web pages to reduce data consumption.
* It will also tell you how much data your apps are gobbling up and when you're getting close to your limit.
* Data Sense rolling out with operators and Verizon is the first partner to provide the service.
* 'Kids Corner' to protect youngsters and offer a 'worry-free way to play' with the adult controlling what they want the child to have access to.
* Child demonstrators Alexander, 9, Sydney, 5, and Piper, 5, on stage to show the Kids Corner ease of use.
* Jessica Alba, yes, the JESSICA ALBA, is enlisted to promote Kids Corner. She said "I love Kids Corner, it's awesome."
* Jessica Alba: "I don't have to worry about my kid accessing my social media networks, sending emails..."
* Jessica Alba: "Kids Corner stops kids from causing chaos." Presumably she just means on your phone. Sticky-fingered mess in the real world will still be in full swing.
* Jessica Alba was an iPhone user before WinPho switch. Was originally worried about music loss, but transfer is enabled through the specially designed Mac sync app.
* Jessica Alba: "This is the best tech crowd I've ever been in front of." I didn't realise she was a regular at Mobile World Congress events and such.
* 'Rooms' feature offers content sharing of photos and so on between a tailored list of family and friends. Forgot the milk? Send your mrs an image-based reminder. Who needs text? You can also share calendar dates.
* 'Skydrive' is a cloud-based service designed to beam documents across devices for instant access.
* "Windows Phone 8 delivers a phenomenal photo experience."
* Device photos can also be accessed via Skydrive and not just documents.
* Skydrive offers 7GB of free storage – more than any other service. Take that iCloud!
* Windows Phone 8 and Xbox music service unite to beam songs across devices without the needs for wires and so on.
* Windows Phone 8 to have sync apps for Mac, WinPho 7 to transfer music and other content easily.
* 'Pin' your favourite people, apps, photos to your start screen.
* Windows 8 and WinPho 8 seamlessly link in an ecosystem to connect Live Tiles, Skydrive and more across devices.
* Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer hails Windows Phone 8 devices, Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung Ativ S, HTC 8X 8S. They're all 'remarkable' and so on.
* The WinPho 8 devices will launch in Europe this weekend.
* Samsung Ativ Odyssey will be a Verizon exclusive (device notably not shown).
* 65 Microsoft stores opened recently and will stock ALL Windows Phone 8 phones available in the US.
*Phones4U to stock "all eight" Windows Phone 8 devices in the UK.