The messaging app doubles downloads overnight and receives 60,000 five star reviews.
We reported yesterday that BBM had reached five million downloads, however if you thought that was impressive then get this – the messaging service has now hit a huge ten million downloads in the first 24 hours, doubling overnight.
It is one of the best single-day openings for a mobile app ever, moving up the rankings in 75 countries topping the charts in the App Store and earning around 60,000 five-star reviews on Google Play.
The waiting time to begin using BBM has really riled some people up - however if the general feedback from app stores is anything to go by, it sure is worth it.
We scoured the Internet and found out how people are reacting to the renewed BBM craze. Not all entirely intellectual, but straight from those who will use it the most.
Here are the top 15 reactions that tickled us:
1. ‘2007 called, they want BBM back.’
2. ‘Everyone got rid of Blackberries for iPhone cause they hated BBM, every iPhone user now has BBM? wtf RIP Blackberries your no longer used..’
3. ‘BBM: Another messenger to talk to the same people, it's like buying five remotes for the same TV.’
4. ‘After criticizing BBM for BB now the Android and iPhone users are all rushing after the app’
5. ‘The Universe is once again embracing BBM! In just 24 Hours 10 Million people have downloaded it! That's Amazzzzzing!
6. ‘It’s like using a BlackBerry, but you’re not using a BlackBerry’
7. ‘I'm pre-liking it because I'm still waiting in the bloody queue, so until further notice I hate it’
8. ‘This certainly takes you back and is just as great as it always was.’
9. ‘Not sure how this is going to stand against the likes of WhatsApp, Viber, free text messages, and all the other free messaging services that are out there now.’
10. ‘Seeing all these BBM pins is like Christmas three years ago.’
11. ‘Top tip on how to use BBM without waiting in line: Buy a BlackBerry!!!’
12. ‘Thank god there’s now BBM for iPhone. We can finally talk to the remaining 3 people on the planet with Blackberry's’
13. ‘I feel like a kid on Santa’s knee, except Santa is telling me to sit there for 24 hours until I get my f**king present. So worth it though. It’s a comfortable knee.”
14. ‘Simply the best messaging app out there - Always was, always will be. Good move BlackBerry.’
15. ‘BBM is making man feel stupid waiting in line like its lunchtime. Am I some Dick'ed Biscuit’