DIY app builder hits 20m users and confirms expansion to new platforms.
Mobile Roadie was arguably the first company to make a big success of marketing a self-service app-building solution. Its initial target was the music industry - especially individual bands and artists - but over the years it has targeted a much wider community of brands.
The company currently powers more than 3,000 apps in the US, UK, Japan, China, Brazil and the Middle East. Its apps are adding 1.5m end users a month.
That success has prompted this latest expansion of the product offer to include a new native iPad app platform and self-service mobile website product in addition to its existing iPhone and Android app products.
Mobile Roadie has also re-booted its CMS to give customers more targeting tools. These include the ability to target by gender, location and even number of Twitter followers. Push notifications have been enabled, and the dashboard even displays how many people have viewed the app.
All this has prompted the company to re-think its pricing strategy such that the 'plus' package has been eliminated.
Michael Schneider, CEO of Mobile Roadie, told ME: "About a quarter of all traffic to a web site comes from mobile, so it's essential that brands have a mobile web presence. Meanwhile we're also finding that many consumers are using using iPads, even if they're RIM or PC users. That's what's behind our new launches.
"But we've also completely re-designed the CMS so that it's easier for our customers to understand and target their own consumers."
The iPad app platform offers:
* Live navigation widgets which turn the main menu into a dynamic feed of streaming content.
* Hi-res graphics layers, parallax scrolling and slideshows.
* Ability to sync content to iPhone apps, Android apps, and mobile websites.
* Subscriptions of $499 per month or $4,999 per year.
The self-service mobile website product offers:
* Access to content without waiting for the website to download.
* Updates anytime from Mobile Roadie CMS or sync with your standard website.
* Ability to create a shortcut icon directly on the home screen.
* $9 per month or $99 per year.
* Like what ME does? Make sure you sign up to our daily news headline service here.